Because the world of Tygris is based on medieval times, the average lifespan is somewhat lower than modern times, but because of the fantasy elements, it is probably higher than it would have historically been.
As a general rule, the average lifespan is 60 – 65 years of age.
- Humans and Sea People tend to live a bit longer, closer to 65 – 70 years.
- Changers and Lek’re are in the middle, around 60 – 65 years.
- Wing People, due to their fragile nature, tend to live to be between 55 – 60 years.
- Were are particularly short-lived, given their often violent lives, and rarely live past 40.
- If their form is a short-lived creature, like a mouse, they will typically have a shorter lifespan.
- If their form is a long-lived creature, such as a tortoise, they will typically live longer.
- If their form is a magical creature, the lifespan may be particularly long – Lek’re dragons tend to live to be about 100 years old, for example.
Healing magic is of course used to help preserve life, but it cannot cure age. Many of the illnesses and weaknesses which come with aging are also un-curable with Healing magic; such as arthritis, heart disease, and dementia. The use of Healing magic or alchemical potions may ease pain or grant temporary clarity, but nothing more.